Did you know it’s Shark Week? It’s one of those things that I never really paid attention to until I had little boys scooting around the house. The two groups of people that know the most about sharks, I believe, are marine biologists and 5-year-old boys.
Of course, since it is Shark Week we have been talking a lot about the ocean and its animals. This originally started out as Galaxy Ice Cream since we had been talking about space so much but it easily transitioned into Deep Ocean Ice Cream (the colors were pretty much the same so I went with it).
This was super easy to make and the boys were a part of the process the entire time.
First I gathered all of my supplies. You can use whichever food coloring you’d like. These colors reminded me of deep space and the deep ocean. I also grabbed different colored sprinkles and a rogue candy bar that has been hiding in my baking supplies.
This was the first time I think he’s ever watched heavy cream turn into whipped cream. He kept saying it was just like the Wonka Factory. I just love him so much…
I said that the cut up candy bar was some sort of deep-sea fish no one had discovered yet.
Here I am again telling you to —- make your kids measure!!!
While one was mixing the other was tasting. Seems like a fair deal.
Once to colors are mixed, scoop them into whatever you are using, in no particular order.
Kinda looks cool just like this.
Add your toppings.
Freeze until firm (about 5 hours) and eat.
Next time I’ll order shark gummies to add after we scoop it out.
What you will need:
can of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
toppings of your choice
food coloring/sprinkles of your choice
- Beat 2 cups heavy cream on high in a mixer until soft peaks form. About 6 minutes. If you do it too long it will turn into butter so keep an eye on it.
- Add 1tsp. vanilla and sweetened condensed milk and mix until incorporated.
- Divide mixture into separate bowls, depending on how many different colors you want to use. I used 4, but it is completely up to you and what you have.
- Scoop the mixtures into whatever you are freezing the ice cream in. Add toppings to be swirled in.
- Gently swirl the mixture together to give it the swirled water effect. Don’t over mix or it will become a big blob of grey.
- Then add whatever you want to the top and freeze.